Prepping Your Skin For Makeup
Let’s be real, we can use the most expensive products in the world but they will never look as good as they will on a healthy skin. If we maintain a healthy skincare routine, we are able to even make a drugstore product look high end. When it comes to taking care of the skin, I am a strong believer of minimalism; the less on your face, the better your skin. However, I do succumb to my love for makeup every now and then, and thus, minimalism kind of becomes problematic. You need to take special care for your skin with all the chemicals that you are going to be putting on your face for a long time (Girls have to deal with so much stuff, I know). But here, I am about to share some tips on how to prepare your skin before, during and after makeup.
• LET YOUR SKIN BREATHE! This is really important, try to keep your skin product free as much as possible
• Optional: Use your favourite face mask
• Apply a moisturizer with SPF -> always protect your skin from the sun!
• Don’t be too rough with your face! Be gentle otherwise it can cause early signs of aging and wrinkles
• ALWAYS! I mean ALWAYS use clean brushes/beauty blenders. I know, it’s hard to clean it every single time but try your best because you don’t want to wake up one morning with a real bad case of breakouts (Been there!)
• Make sure all your makeup is off. Don’t be lazy! (Never sleep with makeup on. NONO)
• Cleanse right after, regardless of how amazing your makeup remover is
• Finally, at least 2-3 times a week, use your favourite face mask, whether its peel off, sheet, or clay, to give yourself a clear canvas to work with. We recommend the following 3 masks to get the maximum results
And there you have it! Obviously, every skin is different so always remember to do a patch test first before proceeding. Sometimes, using a lot of products can give adverse effects, so try cutting your routine as short as possible and let your beautiful skin breathe! It will be a gradual process to achieve the best results but remember; slow and steady always wins the race!